some VERY long days.
Les and I have had an adventure. It's been difficult. We uprooted and moved to Utah without jobs and were rather crazy to do so. We made some mistakes and have suffered financially because of it...
In the last few weeks things have started to really come together. Our attempt at being self-employed hasn't panned out like we had hoped but we learned a lot and were blessed for it. I cannot express enough how humbling this last year has been.
I can't quite put into words at the moment how this last month has affected us...
I received a new, better job
I started mine
Les received an offer for a new, better job
he started his
we are tired
we are blessed
I still get blue... a lot.
I'm getting some help
There's a candle... it's being burned at both ends... I'm trying to add wax periodically.
Maybe I'll update with a REAL post soon... but there's a little teaser for ya.
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Loving (so much)
- the hubs. He has been a huge support and guidance to me. We only have each other here and we've both risen to the challenges faces before us.
- the sunshine... oh how I don't miss the rain at all. My mood has improved so much, I am just so in love with this weather.
- long afternoon/evening ahead. I have 3 appointments: 3 pm, 5 pm, and 7 pm. Driving all over the county, burning lots of gas all in the name of business.
- mentally for the summer and the heat along with it. We want to hike lots and really explore this world around us.
Struggling (a little)
- the Provo, UT bubble. We are in love with this state, but ready to move a bit further North and closer to Salt Lake City. Will be good for our business and good for our social life... living in apartments doesn't suit us.
- finances. Things are improving dramatically and we've been so blessed. I can't even put it all into words. Just need to keep busy!
Blessings (a lot!)
- about 2 months ago I told Les, "April 1st. That's what we'll do. If things don't look up by then ... we're doing something else!" Wow how these last 2 months have flown by with the ride of our lives. In those first 2 weeks we worked our butts off and things started to pan out slowly... but it hasn't been until the last 2 weeks where we've finally seen some fruits of our labors. Just need some more fruit.
- the Priesthood. The first time in our marriage, we had to sit down and I shared that I didn't know what to do and I truly had to rely on his revelation and then take the leap forward. I know that without his example of faith, I would have given up on this new dream we've prepared for ourselves.
Leaping (so often)
- in August we leaped into this world called Utah. We didn't have jobs, I didn't know yet if I was accepted into school, we at least knew where we'd be living. But we leaped and landed. We have stumbled a bit and needed help. Our family has been great. We miss them.
- in September and each following month. Les started a job being self-employed as a health and life insurance agent. In October I made the leap too and quit my job to be licensed as well. Being self-employed is scary at times. Without Les' faith I wouldn't have stuck this out. Because of this leap, we are seeing blessings and realizing that we will start to make consistent income to build the future we've dreamed of.
- in March. I was ready to quit and I was holding us back. So after a very long, tear-filled conversation, I let go. And we've been blessed since.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
No really, I did have a crazy dream last night!
Hubs and I have been so ready to move and last night we did! Sort of..
It was 2 pm and I was still in my pajamas and friends started showing up to help us move. We promised that everything would be done in two hours. But we had nothing packed! I was running around like a crazy woman and that's when Hubs asked me if I had gotten the truck yet. Everyone kept talking about moving South to St. George and I have no desire to move down there. We have talked about moving closer to Salt Lake City, if anything! But then in the same moment, I realized that we were moving across country. So I couldn't figure out where we were moving at all!
The move was truly as if it were happening now and we had to pay the $1,500 to get out of lease early. I asked him how this was going to happen, and he was just shrugging and saying "It will work out". I again asked him where we were moving, and never got a straight answer as there was so much going on.
Meanwhile everyone helping us was demanding answers from me. Then they sent me to the store to get more boxes. So I was running around to all of the grocery stores looking for boxes. No one had any. I was having to go into each department, including hanging out in the grocery store freezer for a while waiting for help (note, the bedroom windows are open and it was cold in the bedroom last night... might explain the freezer part).
Then I woke up and started doing math, figuring out every little bit and what we needed to make ends meet and started to panic. I rolled over and back to sleep. This time we weren't moving, but everything and everyone was just as frantic. No one was around to help me because they were all too busy with their own projects. Frankly, I had no idea what was going on and not much memory of that dream... just that I was in overdrive panic mode.
I think I'm a little stressed out today.